Article Nov. 13, 2019
Local content efforts
Using a multi-tiered approach, we focus on building workforce and supplier capabilities in conjunction with strategic investments in the local community. At ExxonMobil Guyana, this approach is called Local Content.
Article Nov. 13, 2019
Local content efforts
The employment of Nationals is key to ExxonMobil Guyana’s strategy of local content development.
Our strategy to develop a diverse and talented workforce has two components; the recruitment and development of Guyanese personnel who can play a role in our local operations, and the development of a global pool of talent capable of meeting our future business needs wherever we operate.
We apply global principles, proven training curriculum, best practices, operational excellence and leading technology to local challenges when developing our workforce. The company understands the importance of career development for our employees. We provide assignments and training to create the experience and develop the skills needed to enable employees to have rewarding careers.
Global operations skills training for employees includes:
- Ethical business conduct
- Safety, security, health and environment
- Leadership and management programs
- Fundamentals of oil and gas
- Technical training
- Design- and facility-specific vendor training
In conjunction with our Prime Contractors, we are providing Guyanese personnel with technical and professional skills they need for existing and future operations.
Local suppliers are strategically important to the success of our operations. We are committed to working with them, and other stakeholders, to develop local companies and a competitive industrial base.
ExxonMobil Guyana has established the Centre for Local Business Development. The Centre provides a space for local firms to learn about opportunities in the oil and gas sector, strengthen their competitiveness, and prepare to supply the oil and gas sector with various services. They maintain an interactive database which is used by our Prime Contractors to post tendering opportunities and to identify possible suppliers, contractors and subcontractors to potentially participate in ExxonMobil Guyana activities. The Centre is also utilized by international companies looking for potential local partnerships.
ExxonMobil Guyana will favor suppliers and contractors that are able to effectively support the following project objectives, in order of priority:
- Safety and health: Provide for the safety and health of all personnel involved in the Project and the safe operation of the completed facilities to achieve zero lost-time incidents.
- Environmental and regulatory compliance: Conduct all activities and operations in full compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Quality: Ensure that quality during design, engineering, fabrication and construction is consistent with best international petroleum industry practices and applicable standards.
- Maximize effectiveness and control cost: Commitment to the success of the Project by optimizing investment and operating cost while maximizing and accelerating revenue.
- Business practices: Comply with generally recognized business standards, and exhibit fairness and consistency in contractor selection, bid evaluation and contract award process.
- Achieve scheduled completion: Opportunities to capture and retain schedule advantage.
To express interest in potentially becoming a supplier click here to register.
ExxonMobil Guyana announces sponsorship of Guyana Amazon WarriorsExxonMobil Guyana is proud to announce that it is the exclusive sponsor of the Guyana Amazon Warriors for the 2022 Hero Caribbean Premier League (CPL) tournament.
Liza Unity safely commissioned in industry-leading time, achieves background flare
-New Destiny Flash Gas Compressor being installed, planned start up in mid-July
Georgetown, Guyana - The gas compression and injection systems on the Liza Unity Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel have been safely commissioned in around half normal industry time, achieving background flare as designed and within the 60-day period outlined in the Liza Phase 2 Environmental Permit.
ExxonMobil Guyana Contributes Additional GY$20M to VYC STEM programme
Georgetown, Guyana - ExxonMobil Guyana has contributed more than GYD$20 million to the Volunteer Youth Corps Inc. (VYC) for the continuation of its STEM After-school Programme in Regions Three and Four.
ExxonMobil Guyana tests spill response readiness
Georgetown, Guyana - ExxonMobil Guyana has recently conducted an exercise to field test spill response equipment, processes and team readiness.