Careers: How we hire
Find the right opportunity
Our site offers two ways to search openings:
- Consider your skills and background. Explore your interests in our career field overviews
- Search for job openings by location
Shape your resume
Here are a few tips to craft a competitive resume:
- Use the job description to highlight your relevant skills, experience or research.
- Make it crisp and brief. Highlight your major accomplishments and qualifications.
- Emphasize the outcome(s) of the work or projects you’ve contributed to. What impact did you make?
- Highlight the specifics. For instance:
- What was the significance of your research?
- What was the scope of your project?
- How many people did you manage in your team?
- Recent graduates and students completing professional degree courses are encouraged to include college/university coursework or projects that establish your qualifications.
Next steps: resume review
Our application questions and job descriptions are designed to help us identify individuals who meet the requirements for our openings. Please provide correct and latest information in your application form. Typically, we contact the most qualified candidates for an interview within 2 to 8 weeks (some hiring programs, however, may have a longer timeframe). If you are selected for an interview, we will contact you to provide more information. Please check your inbox to ensure that emails from ExxonMobil Career Connect are not being sent to your spam/junk folder.
For some positions, a preliminary assessment is required. This may include language, mechanical, technical, and analytical aptitude assessments, depending on the position and location. If an assessment is required, we will contact you by email after the initial resume screening. The email will include the details and next steps for completing the assessment.
The interview will allow you to meet our recruiting teams and learn more about ExxonMobil as we get to know you better. Our recruiting team will contact you (by email or phone) to communicate the specifics of your interview(s). Check your inbox to ensure that emails from ExxonMobil Career Connect are not being sent to your spam/junk folder. Details will include the interview location and format, how to reach our office location, and what to wear for the interview. You’ll know what to expect in advance.
You may be required to appear in multiple interviews as part of the selection process. A few of the most common are:
- Preliminary interview: For many positions, we will first contact you by phone or Zoom to better understand your qualifications. If you clear the preliminary interview, we typically invite you to a virtual or in-person interview.
- On-campus interviews: Our recruiting teams visit college and university campuses to find students interested in internships and permanent positions. Students interviewed at this stage may be considered for one or more ExxonMobil business lines in India.
- Technical interviews: Our typical virtual or on-site interview contains technical questions that help us assess your familiarity with problem-solving in your given field. Be prepared to explain how you approach problems and arrive at solutions.
- Behavioral interviews: Our behavioral interviews seek to understand your ability to work in teams and across disciplines. We ask questions to find out how you act in different situations, assume responsibility and deliver results.
- Research interviews: You may be asked to present your research or thesis to a panel of experienced researchers. Be prepared to cite your research methods and findings and answer questions about your work.
We encourage you to ask questions during your interview to learn more about ExxonMobil and the specific career opportunity you are appearing for, as we learn more about you and your qualifications.
Pro tips: how to prepare for an interview
Plan your day in advance.
Ensure that the resume uploaded with your application form is up to date.
For on-site interviews, check weather forecasts and plan your travel accordingly.
For virtual interviews, ensure that you have reliable internet connectivity to enable a smooth audio-visual experience.
The offer: what to expect
Typically, our candidates meet with multiple interviewers during interviews. Together, they will review your resume and interview results before making a recommendation to the management. A manager will then review and confirm the hiring decision, following which a formal offer will be extended to you. The timing of the offer and next steps will vary by position and location.
1. Where can I find ExxonMobil job openings?
Please visit Career opportunities | ExxonMobil to find out our current openings.
2. Should I have experience in a similar company or similar industry to apply?
Not really; we look for the necessary skills and experience matching the job requirements.
3. Can I apply for multiple positions?
Yes, you may apply for multiple positions based on the job requirements.
4. Once shortlisted for the interview, how will I be notified?
You will be notified by email or phone. A formal invite from our recruiting team will follow.
5. How many rounds of interviews are expected?
There will be at least two rounds of interviews based on job roles.
6. Are there any pre-employment checks?
Yes, selected candidates will have to go through pre-employment checks as applicable.
ExxonMobil’s Technology Center in Bengaluru is a vital hub of technical support to the Company’s global Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses.
Watch the videos below to learn more.