Article Sept. 23, 2022
Article Sept. 23, 2022
In this article
ExxonMobil employees, retirees and families have a long history of giving back to those who are less fortunate in our communities. We share a proud tradition of consistently contributing our time and resources to help others. The strong need in North Texas for emergency aid, health services and care for children and the elderly calls us to continue our tradition.
We invite you to join ExxonMobil in supporting our North Texas community through the 2022 Employees' Favorite Charities Campaign (EFCC).
In this campaign, 100% of your gift goes directly to the charities of your choice. Your giving may also be multiplied through the ExxonMobil Foundation's contribution, which is allocated across qualified charities based on total giving.
The following documents and details provide information regarding available methods to contribute financially.
With the launch of the Employees’ Favorite Charities Campaign, ExxonMobil has also organized a volunteer food drive to support the North Texas Food Bank (NTFB). We invite you to volunteer with us at the NTFB distribution center either in the afternoon on October 25 (1:00-3:30 pm) or the morning of October 26 (9:00-11:30 am). Volunteer spots are limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please email email@example.com if you are able to volunteer.
Key elements of EFCC
Choice of Charities
U.S. charities eligible to receive employee/retiree gifts must satisfy the following conditions:
- Nonprofit organization having 501(c)(3) status, as determined by the IRS;
- Employer Identification Number (EIN) required;
- Screened against State Department and Treasury Watch lists; and,
- Located in Dallas, Denton, Collin, Tarrant, Hunt, Kaufman, Rockwall, Ellis, Johnson or Van Zandt counties.
- Employees and retirees can choose up to six charities from a prescreened list (enclosed) or write in charities that will then be vetted for eligibility to receive a portion of the ExxonMobil Foundation contribution.
ExxonMobil Foundation Contribution
The ExxonMobil Foundation contribution will be allocated among eligible charities meeting the following criteria, based on the percentage of employee and retiree pledges:
- Focus on local health and human service needs (such as family needs, child care, youth services, elder care and more); and,
- Receive a minimum of $1,000 in collective contributions from employees/retirees.
- Examples of organizations excluded from receiving a portion of the Foundation contribution include: houses of worship and educational institutions covered by the ExxonMobil Educational Matching Gift Program.
All charities on the prescreened list will be eligible for the Foundation contribution if the $1,000 threshold is met.
Distribution of Funds
- After ExxonMobil and America’s Charities have reviewed and confirmed the accuracy of pledges and provided advance notice to the organizations, distribution will be made to organizations by method directed by employees and retirees (e.g., payroll deduction, check, stock transfer).
- For questions about the fund-distribution process or timeline, please contact Lupe Cuellar, Community Relations Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key 2022 EFCC dates
Oct 4: Kickoff rally and Agency Fair
Oct. 4 - 28: Online auction
Oct. 4 - 28: ePledge
Oct. 25 & 26: Community service activities