Every year we hire students into co-op, summer and internship work terms that range from 4 to 16 months. As part of our team, you’ll benefit from:
- A learning environment which uses existing skills and builds new ones
- Strong mentorship and guidance, both on-the-job and/or through a formal networking program
- Training and ongoing development
- Working in a high quality, collaborative environment with team members across the country (and in some cases, across the globe!)
- Responsibility for your work and the impact it has on the business
- A competitive student relocation program (when applicable)
- Earned days off (1 Friday off per month)
What to expect
Our student work term program provides valuable, productive work that builds on your current skills and previous work experiences. During your term, you’ll meet our people, contribute to projects, and learn our processes. As you gain firsthand experience with us, you’ll have the chance to evaluate our full-time career opportunities while we learn more about you and your potential.
Our student opportunities are located across Canada in St. John’s, Halifax, Moncton and Calgary.
What we look for
- University students pursuing a Bachelors, Masters or PhD
- College students pursuing a trade or technology diploma
- Strong academic performance
Intern, co-op and apprenticeship opportunities
Our hiring process
Student opportunities are posted as follows:
- September for work terms starting in January
- September & January for work terms starting in May
- May for work terms starting in September
In the fall, our recruiting teams visit campuses all across Canada for career fairs and/or information sessions. Stay connected through our Careers site or your school's career centre to find out if/when we’ll be at your school.
If you are selected for an interview, you can expect to receive a response within three weeks of the application deadline. Our interviews are behaviour-based – be prepared to provide examples of previous experiences you’ve had in terms of competencies and technical skills.
Our affiliated company, Imperial, provides ExxonMobil companies in Canada with corporate support services (e.g. Controllers, Human Resources and Procurement). If you're interested in a career in one of these fields, check out Imperial Careers.
Term employment eligibility
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Learn more about eligibility requirements.
For information on employment eligibility documentation and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) processing times, please visit the IRCC website.