ExxonMobil Pakistan (Private) Limited opened its new venture office in Islamabad, Pakistan on Nov. 27, 2018 to progress its activities in Pakistan.
Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) activities
- ExxonMobil has a heads of agreement with Pakistani consortium Energas to support the development of Pakistan’s third liquefied natural gas (LNG) import terminal and to support securing the supply of LNG to Pakistan.
- ExxonMobil also has a cooperation agreement with Universal Gas Distribution Company to help stimulate the compressed natural gas (CNG) sector and supply LNG supply to the country.
- ExxonMobil is working and cooperating with all the stakeholders to help realize these strategically important projects for Pakistan.
- ExxonMobil holds 25 percent interest in Block G located offshore Pakistan which is operated by Eni Pakistan Limited.
- The block is located approximately 143 miles (230 kilometers) off the coast of Pakistan in water depth of about 6,200 feet (1,900 meters).
- ExxonMobil is working with its partners and the government of Pakistan to evaluate the full exploration potential of this large offshore block.