As a multinational corporation with operations worldwide, we are actively involved in local efforts to fight the spread of COVID-19.ExxonMobil and COVID-19
North and South America
- In the United States:
- ExxonMobil is contributing $100,000 for personal protective equipment such as medical masks to Texas Medical Center member hospitals, the Houston Police Foundation, the Fire Fighters Foundation of Houston and the Spring Fire Department.
- Another $100,000 will go to the Texas Restaurant Relief Fund for the preparation and delivery of approximately 6,000 meals for frontline workers at these organizations.
- The support comes in addition to a recent ExxonMobil contribution of $250,000 to the Houston Food Bank and Montgomery County Food Bank to provide about one million meals to Houston-area residents, along with a $100,000 contribution to the West Texas Food Bank and $100,000 for Carlsbad (NM) Municipal Schools.
- Our ExxonMobil Research and Engineering Technology Center in Clinton, NJ, provided more than $100,000 to the Hunterdon County United Way to help support local families.
- In Argentina, ExxonMobil has provided $50,000 to purchase medical supplies and equipment to support hospitals in Neuquén province. It also donated laptop computers to the National Health Ministry for virtual medical assistance.
In our European operations, we have assisted in taking a number of measures to slow the spread of COVID-19, including:
- ExxonMobil has set up several direct contributions and donation matching programs in six countries including Belgium, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Italy and the Netherlands, to support local relief organizations such as the Red Cross.
- Esso Italiana donated €15,000 to the ANT Foundation to support home care activities for cancer patients.
- The SARPOM refinery in Italy, a joint venture operated by Esso Italiana, donated €25,000 to the association For Life Onlus in support of the organization’s “Insieme per l’Ospedale Maggiore di Novara,” initiative, which will lead to the acquisition of material for the treatment of patients affected by COVID-19.
- The SARPOM refinery also donated €12,000 to the association Fondazione Degli Ospedali Di Abbiategrasso, Cuggiono, Legnano, Magenta Onlus to support Ospedale Fornaroli, a hospital in Magenta.
- ExxonMobil’s chemical research facility, The European Technology Center, donated 150 protective face masks to the Clinique Saint Jean in Brussels.
- ExxonMobil Belgium donated isopropyl alcohol (IPA) to help produce hand sanitizer for use by hospitals, nursing homes and first responders.
- ExxonMobil made a donation to the University of Leuven and Antwerp University to support scientific research into combatting Covid-19.
- ExxonMobil France offered about 100 operational laptop computers to local authorities around its Gravenchon petrochemical site near Normandy to help them carry on their missions while working from home.
- The Gravenchon facility also supplied a local company with bottles needed to package and transport medical hand sanitizer.
- ExxonMobil France has made donations of full protective personal equipment to hospitals in Lillebonne and Havre, as well as a donation of gowns to a Gravenchon nursing home.
- ExxonMobil donated low-density polyethylene to help produce protective garments for the healthcare workers of Hospital de Sierra Llana in Santander.
- ExxonMobil purchased medical equipment and funded a pre-fabricated building for healthcare and ambulance workers.
- United Kingdom
- Esso made a contribution to the “Big Night In” fundraiser to aid charities Comic Relief and Children in Need in supporting those affected by COVID-19.
- ExxonMobil donated 300L of Mobil 1 together with distributor Moove to hospitals in Kent to help keep Care Workers on the road.
- ExxonMobil’s Fawley refinery and chemicals plant created STEM education materials to support Schools and students throughout the country learning from home.
- ExxonMobil UK provided fuel cards to charity volunteers delivering COVID-19 response activities in communities local to our key sites.
- Fife Ethylene Plant and Fawley refinery and chemicals plant donated some surplus PPE to support local healthcare workers.
- The Rotterdam refinery and Benelux Fuels Marketing organization made 100,000 liters of Esso diesel available to the Red Cross and several food banks, in co-operation with partner EG Group.
- ExxonMobil is donating 36,000 liters of hand sanitizer to health organizations in Germany, together with Brenntag Group and counties in which we have operations. Over 100 different hospitals and caregivers have benefitted from these donations so far.
We’re proud to be able to help the communities where we operate and call home.
Asia Pacific - China
- In China, our affiliate has been providing support to COVID-19 relief activities, including:
- Donating $200,000 USD to the China Charity Federation to assist in COVID-19 relief efforts.
- Donating much-needed medical supplies to impacted communities, including 48,000 masks and 4,300 sets of protective clothing.
- Working with major e-commerce platforms to provide free oil supply of 4L Mobil 1™ synthetic lubricants to doctors, nurses and other front-line responders. Additionally, ExxonMobil China launched a campaign to provide free Mobil Delvac™ lubricants for truck drivers involved in transporting anti-virus materials and equipment.
- Employees with our ExxonMobil China employee union donated $30,000 USD to support the relief response.
- In early February, our affiliate provided supplies of lubricants to emergency response organizations that assisted construction activities at the Huoshenshan and Leishenshan hospitals, were used in the production of ambulances, and increased supply of oxygen tanks to major hospitals in Wuhan.
- Our chemical organization prioritized shipment logistics and warehousing to increase shipment of materials required for medical masks and protective clothing. By mid-February, this effort had resulted in delivery of raw materials of spunbond, elastic non-woven and films for the production of tens of millions of medical protective clothing and hundreds of millions of elastic ear loops for medical masks.
Asia Pacific - all others
- In Papua New Guinea, there are multiple initiatives underway to help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- ExxonMobil (EMPNG) is supporting National Department of Health (NDoH) COVID-19 prevention awareness efforts in Hela, Southern Highlands and Central Provinces. In Hela, fuel and rations are being provided to support remote area operations, while across the three provinces ExxonMobil is assisting the NDoH with the printing and distribution of awareness materials. EMPNG is also making available its charter aircraft to support movement of NDoH supplies and materials between Port Moresby and Komo Airfield in Hela province.
- EMPNG’s network of Village Liaison Officers, comprised of 60+ respected community members, is also helping the NDoH COVID-19 awareness efforts by sharing information within their communities, all while maintaining safe social distancing.
- In Thailand, ExxonMobil employees are progressing fundraising efforts for the Thai Red Cross Society to purchase medical devices and equipment for the Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital.
- ExxonMobil Guam made a donation to Guam Memorial Hospital to help procure necessary medical and safety equipment. In addition, ExxonMobil service stations on the island have installed specially designed window panels for cashiers while implementing social distancing procedures for customers.
- In Hong Kong, ExxonMobil service stations are distributing hand sanitizer with eligible fuel purchases.
- ExxonMobil Indonesia donated infra-red thermometer guns, disinfectant sprayers and hand sanitizer to residents in the Gayam sub-district in Bojonegoro Regency, East Java.
- ExxonMobil in India is collaborating with GoMechanic to provide maintenance support to ambulances and other emergency responders’ vehicles.
- The India organization has also joined with United Way in Mumbai to provide masks, gloves, and other personal protective equipment to leading hospitals in Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore.
Africa and Middle East
- In South Africa, ExxonMobil is supporting community-based organization Thanda to deploy handwashing stations so local farmers can continue safely work the fields and support the country’s food supply.
- ExxonMobil Nigeria made a $100,000 donation for government-run health centers to purchase COVID-19 test kits, ventilators and hospital beds.