- Affiliate name: ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Vietnam Ltd. (EMEPVL)
- ExxonMobil opened a venture office in Hanoi in 2008 to conduct oil and gas exploration activities, including acquiring seismic data, drilling exploratory wells and advancing the development of the Ca Voi Xanh project to produce natural gas from offshore central Vietnam. The company currently holds one operating license under a petroleum production-sharing contract (PSC) for blocks 117-119 offshore central Vietnam.
- After selling the lubricants and specialties domestic business in October 2009, ExxonMobil re-entered the Vietnam market in 2015 via local distributors.
- Affiliate name: ExxonMobil Vietnam Ltd.
- Supports the growth of ExxonMobil sales of petrochemical products in Vietnam.
about the Ca Voi Xanh project.
ExxonMobil in the community
Medical capability improvement
According to Vietnam Ministry of Health, at least 40,000 children under age five, especially those in poor rural communities, die each year from a lack of access to emergency care.
Since 2011, ExxonMobil has provided more than US$500,000 to support VinaCapital Foundation’s Critical Response Emergency Care and Survive to Thrive programs in central Vietnam, especially in Quang Nam and Quang Ngai provinces.
- Enhance emergency care capability of medical staff in central Vietnam
- Reduce the number of neonatal deaths and the number of children who survive medical crises but suffer side effects by providing state-of-the-art medical equipment to commune health centers and district and provincial hospitals
Program impact and beneficiaries
- 11 pediatric advanced life-support training courses for medical staff in Da Nang, Quang Nam and Quang Ngai
- 325 health providers trained and certified from six provincial hospitals, 39 district hospitals and 110 commune health centers
- 58 pediatric crash carts donated to six provincial hospitals, 34 district hospitals and five commune health centers
- Four ventilators donated to Da Nang Hospital for Women and Children, a pediatric hospital in Quang Nam and a general hospital in Quang Ngai
- 21 suction machines donated to 10 coastal district hospitals
- 101 emergency equipment sets donated to 101 commune health centers
- 12 Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) machines, 10 phototherapy lights, 13 injection/infusion pumps, three electrocardiogram machines, 12 intubation kits, six pulse oximeters and 13 bag valve masks donated to district and coastal district hospitals
Smile healing mission
Approximately one in 700 children worldwide are born with a cleft lip, palate or both.
Since 2014, ExxonMobil has provided more than US$200,000 for Operation Smile Vietnam, an international children’s medical charity that performs safe and effective cleft lip and palate surgery and delivers postoperative and ongoing medical therapies to underprivileged children in rural parts of Vietnam, including the central and northern provinces.
- Provide free reconstructive treatment for Vietnamese children with cleft deformities
- Provide dental care services including consultations, treatments, medication and hygiene education for children
Program impact and beneficiaries
- 1,004 physical exams conducted
- 606 children receive surgeries
- 4,500 elementary students in Quang Nam and Quang Ngai receive dental screening, treatment and education
Other community development activities
Global Women in Management
Funded by ExxonMobil, Global Women in Management helps women fulfill their economic potential and become catalysts for change in their communities. Its workshops equip women in the nonprofit sector or civil society with leadership, technical and professional skills to help them strengthen organizations. There have been 16 beneficiaries of the program from Vietnam.
Teach for Vietnam
As part of the 2018 global partnership with Teach For All, ExxonMobil provided US$20,000 to Teach for Vietnam to advance STEM education.
The grant has been used to run a STEM summer camp for 34 students in Tay Ninh province. The program will help students apply modern technology to solve local problems.
Thank you for expressing interest in the Ca Voi Xanh project.
While striving to ensure Vietnamese local content opportunities during the project life cycle, EMEPVL will encourage local suppliers and contractors that can effectively support these project objectives, in order of priority:
- Safety and health: Provide for the safety and health of all personnel involved in the project and the safe operation of the completed facilities to achieve zero lost-time incidents.
- Business practices: Comply with generally recognized business standards and exhibit fairness and consistency in contractor selection, bid evaluation and contract award processes.
- Environmental and regulatory compliance: Conduct all activities and operations in full compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Quality: Ensure that quality during design, engineering, fabrication and construction is consistent with best international petroleum industry practices and applicable standards.
- Maximize effectiveness and control cost: Commit to the success of the project by optimizing investment and operating cost while maximizing and accelerating revenue.
- Achieve scheduled completion: Seize opportunities to capture and retain schedule advantages.
Supplier registration portal
Local suppliers are strategically important to the success of our operations, and we are committed to working with them and other stakeholders to develop local companies and a competitive industrial base. EMEPVL maintains a database that we use to identify possible suppliers, contractors and subcontractors to provide goods and services. Please note that the completion and submittal of an expression of interest does not guarantee that a company will be included on any tender list for the supply of goods or services for which it was registered. To express an interest in potentially becoming a supplier, click here to register.