ExxonMobil Pakistan (Private) Limited opened its new venture office in Islamabad, Pakistan on Nov. 27, 2018 to progress its activities in Pakistan.
Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) activities
- ExxonMobil and Pakistani consortium Energas signed a heads of agreement to support development of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) import terminal and to support securing the supply of LNG
- The heads of agreement is an important milestone for the project, which will help meet the country’s energy needs and drive economic growth by providing a reliable supply of cleaner-burning natural gas
- ExxonMobil is working and cooperating with all the stakeholders to help realize this strategically important project for Pakistan
- ExxonMobil holds 25 percent interest in Block G located offshore Pakistan which is operated by Eni Pakistan Limited.
- The block is located approximately 143 miles (230 kilometers) off the coast of Pakistan in water depth of about 6,200 feet (1,900 meters).
- ExxonMobil is working with its partners and the government of Pakistan to evaluate the full exploration potential of this large offshore block.