Scope of work
The Tax advisor is responsible for providing tax advice to support Esso Exploration and Production Guyana Ltd (EEPGL) operations and for ensuring timely tax reporting obligations to the Guyana Revenue Authority.
- Prepare and file returns consistent with tax law and petroleum agreement terms
- Document tax compliance, filing and payment procedures
- Maintain work papers necessary to support tax filing
- Ensure compliance with income tax, property tax and vat obligations
- Withholding tax guidance and support
- Manage tax audits
- Government coordination
- Coordinate with third party tax advisors
- Implement U.S. tax planning guidance
- Advise management of developing issues
- Minimum of 4-year college degree with competencies in accounting or tax law
- Chartered accountant or attorney with a tax background
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with law, consulting or multinational firm
Technical and specific skills
- Knowledge and experience working in Guyana and U.S. tax regulations
- Proven ability to manage short deadlines and operate independently
- Ability to analyze information and ensure compliance to all applicable taxing authorities
- Sound written and oral communication skills
- Experience interfacing with government and external partners and vendors
- Proficiency in the use of computers (Word, Excel and Power Point) and possess excellent administrative and organizational competencies
- Display strong leadership; exhibit motivational and team-building skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and stakeholders
- Problem solving under tight timeframes
- Communicate effectively and possess personnel management skills
- Financial systems knowledge
If you have the educational background and skill competencies as mentioned, please forward to the address below a detailed curriculum vitae (CV) along with the names and address of two professional persons for a character reference.
All applications with detailed CVs should be delivered to: Managing Partner, Maurice Solomon & Co., Chartered Accountants / Management Consultants at 92 Oronoque St., Queenstown, Georgetown; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is October 17, 2018.
Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.