Scope of work
The Public and Government Affairs Advisor will provide strategic advice and develop communications strategies for advancing ExxonMobil’s reputation and business objectives in Guyana. The position will support overall communications, media, government relations, community relations, and advocacy activities.
- Develop and implement stakeholder engagement strategies to support ExxonMobil’s business
- Utilize strong writing skills to develop communication materials including communication plans, information sheets and press releases
- Respond to media inquiries and conduct proactive media outreach
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with local business and community leaders
- Identify public speaking opportunities and develop communications materials to support speaking engagements
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively on a global team
- A degree from a recognized university in Public Affairs, Journalism, Political Science, Public Policy, Media Relations, Communications or related field
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Broad Public and Government Affairs skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Leadership, organizational and computer skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong project-management skills with an ability to multi-task and remain flexible when priorities change
- Familiarity and interest in issues related to energy, economics, the environment, corporate citizenship, and government relations
- Ability to work and interact within international multicultural environment
- Understanding of government, social and economic environments
- Team player
If you have the educational background and skill competencies as mentioned, please forward to the address below a detailed curriculum vitae (CV) along with the names and address of two professional persons for a character reference.
All applications with detailed CVs should be delivered to: Managing Partner, Maurice Solomon & Co., Chartered Accountants / Management Consultants at 92 Oronoque St., Queenstown, Georgetown; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is November 16, 2018.
Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.