Operations & Maintenance Technician Trainee Positions
Esso Exploration and Production Guyana Limited (EEPGL) is hiring our first group of 20 Operations & Maintenance Technician Trainees to start training in March 2019.
Scope of Work
After suitable training, the person will carry out duties as an Operations & Maintenance Technician Position.
Technicians perform operational, mechanical, instrument and electrical work at selected locations for facility and field operations. Key responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Check and maintain operation of facility, pipeline, and compression equipment (vessels, wells, tanks, pumps, pipelines, compressors, meters, etc.)
- Repair and maintain field telecommunications
Key characteristics of the work environment
- Many production sites are in remote locations; employees who have received adequate training will be expected to work independently in an offshore environment
- Technicians are expected to work in inclement weather (hot, cold, rain, etc.)
To be considered for these trainee positions, applicants must:
- Be at least 18 year of age
- Graduated from high school and achieved academic excellence in all subjects including English, Mathematics, and Science (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, and / or Physics); Attendance or graduation from a technical institute is desirable
- Demonstrate through interviews and technical aptitude testing the ability to learn, work ethic, and ability to work effectively as part of a team within a multi-national business environment
- After the interview, those selected will need to:
- Successfully complete a pre-employment medical exam
- Satisfy the requirements of pre-employment background check
- Applicants must be prepared to live independently at off-site locations for up to one year during the training period with occasional home visits provided. To remain in the training program, trainees must meet academic requirements and work within the rules of the training facilities.
- Shift work is required
- Work on weekends and holidays
- Offshore locations – employees are expected to work on a rotational basis
ExxonMobil has a comprehensive recruitment and employment process. It is important that you submit the employment application and your CV/resume, using any of the three options shown below by September 23, 2018.
- Online – an employment application is available and may be completed online. Please attach your CV/resume with your submission. Click here to apply online.
- Or as an alternative to applying online, you may download the employment application form here (3 pages total) and submit your completed employment application and CV/resume via the email or mailing options provided below:
- Email – email@example.com
- Mail – Managing Partner, Maurice Solomon & Co., Chartered Accountants/ Management Consultants at 92 Oronoque St., Queenstown, Georgetown
Submit application by September 23, 2018 to be considered.
Following the receipt of your employment application and CV/resume, if you are selected, the next steps in the recruitment and employment process outlined below will apply. Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
- Aptitude Testing
- Pre-employment checks – validate candidate information and fitness for work
- Employment offer
- Commence training March 2019
For questions, contact us by telephone: 227-5568 / 226-2119.