Article Oct. 23, 2018
Frequently asked questions
Article Oct. 23, 2018
Frequently asked questions
Stock and dividend information
- How do I buy ExxonMobil stock?
Exxon Mobil Corporation common stock may be purchased through a bank or brokerage firm or it may be purchased through the Computershare Investment Plan for ExxonMobil Common Stock. You can contact Computershare as follows:
Through the Internet at: http://www.computershare.com/exxonmobil
1-800-252-1800 (within the U.S. and Canada)
1-781-575-2058 (outside the U.S. and Canada)
ExxonMobil Shareholder Services
P.O. Box 30170
College Station, TX 77842-3170
- On what stock exchanges is ExxonMobil listed?
ExxonMobil common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
- How can I get the current ExxonMobil stock price? Historical prices?
Current and historical stock price information is available on our website.
- What is the stock symbol and CUSIP number for Exxon Mobil Corporation common stock?
The stock symbol for ExxonMobil common stock is XOM and the CUSIP number is 30231G102.
- Who is ExxonMobil's transfer agent, and how does a registered stockholder contact the agent for account information?
ExxonMobil's stock transfer agent is Computershare. Registered shareholders may contact Computershare by any of the three methods listed under question number 1 above.
- Can I receive my shares in stock certificate form?
Yes, although you may find it safer and more convenient to hold your shares in book entry form as discussed under question number 8 below. Registered shareholders may obtain information about how to receive their shares in certificate form by contacting Computershare. If you own your shares through a bank or brokerage firm, you should contact that firm.
- Can I redeem a stock certificate for book entry shares?
Yes, registered shareholders may obtain information about how to deposit their stock certificates and convert their shares into book entry form by contacting Computershare.
- What is the book entry form of stock ownership?
The book entry form of registered ownership allows a person to own shares without having physical stock certificates in their possession. Book entry ownership eliminates the risk that your stock certificates may be lost, stolen or destroyed and also makes it more convenient to transfer or sell your shares.
- What is the par value of a share of ExxonMobil stock?
ExxonMobil common stock is without par value.
- If I owned shares in stock certificate form but lost the stock certificate, what should I do?
You should contact Computershare to receive information about how to replace your lost certificates.
- When was ExxonMobil’s last stock split?
ExxonMobil's most recent stock split was a two-for-one distribution on June 20, 2001. Information concerning all historical stock splits and other capital changes is available here.
- Does a stock split change my equity in ExxonMobil?
No. A stock split changes the number of shares you own but does not change your proportionate interest in ExxonMobil.
- How do I transfer my stock to someone else? (or what if I have other questions about inheriting stock, setting up a trust, etc.)
Since stock transfer requirements vary from state to state, registered shareholders should contact Computershare to find out how to transfer their stock. If you own your shares through a bank or brokerage firm, you should contact that firm.
- What was the dividend this quarter?
Current and historical dividend information is available for review.
- What is ExxonMobil’s dividend policy?
Future dividends are at the discretion of the Board of Directors. However, ExxonMobil endeavors to pay a reliable, growing dividend.
- Can I receive dividends via direct deposit?
Yes, registered shareholders may request direct deposit of their dividends by contacting Computershare. If you own your shares through a bank or brokerage firm, you should contact that firm.
- Can I choose to reinvest my dividends rather than receive a cash payment?
Yes, registered shareholders may reinvest dividends on all or part of their ExxonMobil shares through the Computershare Investment Plan for ExxonMobil Common Stock. Please contact Computershare by any of the three methods listed under question number 1 above to learn about how to enroll your shareholder account in dividend reinvestment. If you own your shares through a bank or brokerage firm, you should contact that firm to find out whether they offer dividend reinvestment services.
- Can I print or download a copy of the Annual Meeting materials (Proxy Statement, Summary Annual Report, Financial Statements)?
Yes, copies of these documents are available.
- How do I change my consent to electronic delivery of shareholder materials
Computershare will code a registered shareholder's account to electronic delivery of shareholder materials upon your request to them. If you own your shares through a bank or brokerage firm, you should contact that firm.
- How do I request paper copies of the Annual Meeting materials?
Registered shareholders will automatically receive paper copies of annual meeting materials unless they specifically request electronic delivery from Computershare. If you own your shares through a bank or brokerage firm, you should contact that firm.
- If I choose to receive Annual Meeting materials electronically, how can I vote my shares?
If you are a registered shareholder and have opted to receive your annual meeting materials electronically, your e-mail from Computershare will instruct you how to vote your shares through the Internet or by telephone. If you own your shares through a bank or brokerage firm, you should contact that firm.
Earnings and financial information
- When is ExxonMobil’s next earnings release and conference call?
Information about ExxonMobil's next earnings release and conference call is posted on our website as it becomes available.
- How can I obtain information on ExxonMobil’s latest earnings information?
Information about ExxonMobil's financial and operating results, including earnings, is also available.
- How can I get a copy of ExxonMobil’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)?
ExxonMobil's SEC filings are available for your review.
- Who is on ExxonMobil’s Board of Directors?
A list of ExxonMobil's board members with their biographies can be found on our Board of Directors page under Corporate governance.
- Who are the corporate officers of ExxonMobil?
A list of ExxonMobil's corporate officers can be found on our Corporate officers page under Corporate governance. The biographies of ExxonMobil's Senior Management can be found on the Our management page under About us.
- How can I receive updates on investor news concerning ExxonMobil?
You can sign up for email notifications on news releases and investor alerts.
- Where can a potential investor receive information about ExxonMobil?
Our Investor toolkit contains this information.
- How do I contact ExxonMobil Investor relations? Shareholder services?
Contact information for Investor relations and Shareholder services is provided for your reference here.
- Whom should I contact for answers to general non-stockholder questions about ExxonMobil?
Contact information for general questions is provided on the Contact us page.
- How can I buy ExxonMobil bonds?
To purchase Exxon, Mobil or XTO Energy Inc. bonds, please consult your financial advisor or broker.
- Do ExxonMobil bonds trade on an exchange?
A number of Exxon Mobil Corporation and XTO Energy, Inc. bonds, as well as one Mobil Corporation bond, trade on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Does ExxonMobil have tax-exempt bonds outstanding?
There are several tax-exempt bonds issued by municipalities or state agencies relating to ExxonMobil facilities. Interest and principal payments related to these bonds are supported by a loan guaranteed by Exxon Mobil Corporation. Please consult your financial advisor or broker to obtain additional information about these bonds.
- What is the credit rating of ExxonMobil?
The debt obligations issued by or guaranteed by Exxon Mobil Corporation are rated Aaa and AA+ by Moody’s and Standard & Poor’s, respectively.
- I have some Exxon, Mobil, or XTO Energy Inc. bonds that have matured. How can I obtain payment?
Please contact the Trustee or successor organization listed on the bond. If you have questions about the Trustee please contact your financial advisor.
- I own some Exxon, Mobil, or XTO Energy Inc. bonds. Could you please tell me what these bonds are worth today?
ExxonMobil does not provide the market value of its bonds. Please ask your financial advisor or broker for such information.
- Are debt obligations of XTO Energy Inc. or Mobil Corporation guaranteed by Exxon Mobil Corporation?
Senior notes of XTO Energy Inc. and outstanding debt obligations of Mobil Corporation are fully and unconditionally guaranteed by Exxon Mobil Corporation. These guarantees may be revoked under certain limited conditions.
Investors Article • Jan. 31, 2020
Investors Nov. 21, 2019
Investors Article • Nov. 1, 2019