Job Role Summary
The Regulatory Advisor maintains, updates, and stewards environmental and regulatory obligations with the use of the environmental monitoring, GIS, and compliance databases. The position assists in ensuring that all obligations in the databases are stewarded to closure in a timely manner. The position also provides environmental and regulatory guidance to internal stakeholders to ensure that environmental and regulatory requirements are understood and fulfilled..
Job Role Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all applicable internal and external environmental and regulatory requirements
- Maintain, update, and steward environmental monitoring, GIS, and compliance databases for tracking obligations; provide support to others in the use of the databases
- Provide training to users of the environmental monitoring, GIS, and the regulatory compliance databases as required
- Assist Responsible persons with understanding the actions required for compliance with obligations
- Interpret and apply regulations that impact the company and communicate requirements to affected functions and personnel, including environmental and regulatory related requirements
- Interface with the Law Department, the Regulatory Compliance Developer, Public Affairs, and affected line management on setting priorities and communicating Unit positions regarding draft, new, amended or existing laws and regulations
- Assist, as needed, in stewardship and maintaining the Issues Management database.
- Coordinate the delivery of regulatory workshops with regulators and regulatory compliance awareness training to SMEs as needed and in support of the E&R Supervisors
- Assist with the development and submission of regulatory notifications to comply with regulatory obligations for EEPGL
- Upload new law documents/approvals and create new obligations to be assigned to SMEs in regulatory compliance.
- Assist with regulatory compliance assessments
- Prepare monthly regulatory compliance reports for EEPGL and Ops Readiness management, and other functions as required.
- Maintain good working contacts with relevant government agencies
Education and experience
- Bachelor Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Science or similar
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in environmental and regulatory related activities
- Proficiency and knowledge in database management, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint), GIS, and SharePoint database
- Basic understanding of relevant Guyana Acts and Regulations, as it relates to environmental regulations
- Self-directed with the ability to recognize/pursue solutions required to solve problems and ensure efficient operation of the SSH&E Organization
- Good interpersonal skills and effective organizational skills
- Good team builder
- Good communication skills
If you have the educational background and skill competencies as mentioned, please submit your application and resume through this LINK by March 31, 2021 to be considered.
Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected.
Esso Exploration and Production Guyana Limited