Article April 14, 2021
Esso Exploration and Production Guyana Limited, an ExxonMobil affiliate, has a vacancy for a Measurement Coordinator.
Article April 14, 2021
Job role summaryAssist field operations with all measurement related activities and questions. Involve the personnel for a better understanding of the program along with gaining enhanced ownership in the system.
Job role responsibilities
- Provide on-site support for the interpretation and application of the measurement requirements
- Ensure measurement and test equipment are handled properly along with always being up to date with their certifications
- Assist in the resolution of audit actions and mis-measurements.
- Periodic Self Assessments:
- Inspect measurement equipment and review measurement methods
- Criticality of all meters within the meter index associated with the facility balance are “B” or equivalent in AMOS
- Review operational performance and assess equipment replacement options based on historical data
- On-site inspection of measurement practices and equipment
- Facility Balance & Instrumentation
- Be aware of general trends in facilities balances, identifying problem areas and directing resources to solve the problems
- Identify systematic biases and excessive uncertainties and provide corrective
- Coordinate with Production and Reservoir Engineering to review facility balance performance and potential troubleshooting needed
Education and experience
- Possess an accredited University degree (Bachelors or Higher) in Engineering such as Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical; and/or relevant industry experience in oil and gas, petrochemical or refining and hydrocarbon measurement/metering applications
- Experience as formal or informal leader and mentor
- Preferred Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Working knowledge of and experience in the application of hydrocarbon and petroleum measurement practices, regulatory and industry standards (e.g., API MPMS, ASTM, AGA, GPA)
- Knowledge of custody transfer gas/liquid hydrocarbon flow measurement per industry standard
- Knowledge of oil measurement gauging, and oil and gas sampling (manual and automatic) for tanks, marine vessels, and railcars
- Knowledge of production and well rate flow measurement per industry standard
- Knowledge of manufacturing plant oil loss, pipeline and terminal gain/loss, production allocation loss and transportation loss (marine, truck, rail) investigation and resolution
- Ability to learn, understand, implement and improve ExxonMobil Measurement Practices
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and stakeholders
- Demonstrated sound business judgment and ability to incorporate the "big picture" into strategy development
- Ability to think strategically and develop creative fit for purpose solutions to resolve operational problems
- Demonstrated ability to influence and promote change to achieve desired results with no direct authority
- Strong facilitation skills for use in cross-functional efforts
- Excellent analytic and troubleshooting abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, etc.
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially in the context of technical and business communications
- Flexibility for international travel to support business needs
The closing date for applications is: April 30th, 2021
If you have the educational background and skill competencies as mentioned, please submit your application and CV electronically, indicating which role/s you have an interest, through the following LINK
Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected.