Article Sept. 23, 2020
Esso Exploration and Production Guyana Limited (EEPGL), an ExxonMobil affiliate, has a vacancy for an Industrial Hygienist.
Article Sept. 23, 2020
Scope of work
The Industrial Hygienist is responsible for comprehensive Industrial Hygiene activities with an understanding of air monitoring methods, use of air monitoring equipment, air monitoring sample handling, data analysis, chemical handling, ventilation, radiation, noise, biological exposures, and public health issues, such as potable water, vector control, food sanitation, and report writing. The candidate will provide direct support to upstream operation, will be office based and will report to the Occupational Health Manager.
- Develops annual Industrial Hygiene (IH) plans for the workplace
- Performs IH activities including but not limited to identification, assessment and control of potential chemical, physical and biological hazards in the workplace
- Supports the exposure assessment system database. This includes qualitative and quantitative exposure assessment documentation
- Provides professional IH support in the development, implementation and oversight of IH programs and practices at assigned locations
- Ensures that occupational health practices and regulatory requirements are reviewed and implemented
- Provides IH support for emergency response activities
- Participates in emerging issues analysis and resolution
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene or a physical science/engineering discipline
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Master’s degree in Industrial Hygiene or a physical science/engineering discipline preferred but not required
- American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH) certification or equivalent preferred but not required
- Work experience in the petrochemical industry is preferred but not required
- Ability to work well in at team environment and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to communicate well to different levels of the organization
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Strong computer skills (relational databases, spreadsheets, and word processing)
- Strong technical writing skills and detail oriented
- Self-starter and highly motivated
If you have the educational background and skill competencies as mentioned, please submit your application and resume through this LINK by October 7, 2020 to be considered.
Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.