Article June 5, 2019
Our operations in Brazil
ExxonMobil takes part in the public bidding processes conducted by the National Agency of Petroleum, Gas and Biofuels (ANP).
The company is one of the largest companies among International Oil Companies in Brazil, with more than 11,000 square meters and has participation in 30 blocks in the Campos, Santos, Sergipe-Alagoas, Potiguar and Ceará basins with partners Petrobras, Equinor, Petrogal Brazil, Qatar Petroleum, Enauta, Murphy and Azibras.
ExxonMobil is also partner of the discovered Carcará play that contains an estimated 2 billion barrels of high quality oil.
At present, the company is on exploratory phase, having acquired 3D seismic survey on deep waters north of the Campos block. Of the 30 blocks, ExxonMobil operates 19 of them.
ExxonMobil is operator of the following Exploration blocks:
- S-M-536, 64% ExxonMobil and 36% Qatar Petroleum
- S-M-647, 64% ExxonMobil and 36% Qatar Petroleum
- Titã, 64% ExxonMobil and 36% Qatar Petroleum
- C-M-37, 100% ExxonMobil
- C-M-67, 100% ExxonMobil
- C-M-479, 100% ExxonMobil
- C-M-753, 40% ExxonMobil, 30% Petrobras and 30% Qatar Petroleum
- C-M-789, 40% ExxonMobil, 30% Petrobras and 30% Qatar Petroleum
- SEAL-M-501, 50% ExxonMobil, 30% Enauta and 20% Murphy
- SEAL-M-503, 50% ExxonMobil, 30% Enauta and 20% Murphy
- SEAL-M-351, 50% ExxonMobil, 30% Enauta and 20% Murphy
- SEAL-M-428, 50% ExxonMobil, 30% Enauta and 20% Murphy
- SEAL-M-430, 50% ExxonMobil, 30% Enauta and 20% Murphy
- SEAL-M-505, 50% ExxonMobil, 30% Enauta and 20% Murphy
- SEAL-M-573, 50% ExxonMobil, 30% Enauta and 20% Murphy
- SEAL-M-575, 50% ExxonMobil, 30% Enauta and 20% Murphy
- SEAL-M-637, 50% ExxonMobil, 30% Enauta and 20% Murphy
- CE-M-603, 50% ExxonMobil and 50% Azibras
- POT-M-475, 35% ExxonMobil and 65% Azibras
ExxonMobil is also partner of the discovered Carcará play, as follows:
- North Carcará, 40% ExxonMobil, 40% Equinor and 20% Petrogal Brasil – operated by Equinor
- BM-S-8, 36.5% ExxonMobil, 36.5% Equinor, 17% Petrogal Brasil, 10% Barra Energia – operated by Equinor
The marketing of chemical products by ExxonMobil Chemical in Brazil started at the end of the 1950s. In the early years, sales were made by Esso Brasileira's Chemical Products Department. In 1963, with the expansion of the business, an organization dedicated exclusively to the sale of chemical products, Comércio e Indústria Iretama S.A., was created. In 1981, the company name was changed to Exxon Química.
At the beginning of its activities, Exxon Química's business was limited to the resale of locally manufactured aliphatic solvents and imported chemical products, such as aromatic and oxygenated solvents, synthetic rubber, agricultural products and additives for lubricants.
Accompanying the growth of the Industrial Park in Brazil, the Organization's business expanded and new products were added to its product line: plastics, resins, plasticizers, adhesives, etc.
ExxonMobil has a Liquids Factory in Paulínia and points of sale in strategic locations around the country for the manufacture, distribution and sale of its products.
Among the business units of ExxonMobil Chemical, Intermediates is responsible for the marketing and production of chemical intermediates. ExxonMobil Chemical is a global leader in the production of oxygenated solvents and hydrocarbons, with applications in the paint, adhesives, pharmaceuticals and agricultural industries, among others. Plasticizers and vinyl intermediates are used in synthetic leather, flooring, electrical cables, wallpapers, etc.
The Intermediates division has a presence in more than 100 countries throughout the world, with production facilities in Asia, Europe, Oceania and the Americas. In Brazil, it has a special fluids plant and sales offices serving every region of the country. The Paulínia plant produces special hydrogenated fluids for applications that require high quality, low toxicity and minimal environmental impact.
The Intermediates products are internationally recognized as the following global brands:
- ACTREL - Specially designed fluids for industrial cleaning
- DF 2000 - Cutting-edge solvents for dry cleaning
- ESCAID - Special fluids for the mineral exploration industry
- EXX-PRINT - High quality products for printing inks
- EXXAL - Oxo-alcohols with C6 to C13 carbon chains
- EXXSOL - Hydrogenated hydrocarbons with low aromatic content
- ISOPAR - Isoparaffinic high purity hydrocarbons
- JAYFLEX - Plasticizers for the PVC industry
- NAPPAR - Cycloparaffinic hydrocarbons
- SOLVESSO - Heavy aromatic solvents
- VARSOL - Aliphatic hydrocarbons
In addition to these products, the Intermediates division also markets other chemical intermediates: aliphatic solvents, isopropyl alcohol (IPA).
For more information, please call 0800 727 3776 or email.
ExxonMobil has been at the forefront of technology and innovation in the rubber industry since the invention and patent of butyl rubber in 1937. With a presence in this market, ExxonMobil is a global leader in technology, offering high quality products and services.
Our state-of-the-art technology centers focus on technology and a commitment to the continuous improvement of our processes and products, have been contributing for our customers to increase their productivity and profitability.
ExxonMobil has one of the largest elastomer portfolios in the industry. We provide innovative EPDM rubber and thermoplastic vulcanizate (TPV) solutions for our customers, combined with support in technology, design and global footprint.
In operation since 2001, ExxonMobil's Business Service Center was established in the city of Curitiba on the basis of the availability of qualified, skilled, specialized and multilingual labor, as well as the high quality of the transportation and the telecommunications services.
The Business Service Center plays a crucial role in ExxonMobil's local and global business, providing Information Technology, Accounting, Finance and Customer and Support services for the various lines of business in several countries.
Brazil Article • Sept. 6, 2019
Brazil Article • June 5, 2019
Brazil Article • June 5, 2019
Brazil Feb. 23, 2016
Brazil Jan. 6, 2016