Our upstream offices are located in Moscow and Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, and our downstream offices are located in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Yekaterinburg, Novosibirsk and Vladivostok.
ExxonMobil, under the affiliate Exxon Neftegas Ltd. (ENL), has explored, developed and operated the Sakhalin-1 project since the early 1990s. ENL operates the project for the multinational Sakhalin-1 consortium (ExxonMobil interest 30 percent).
Sakhalin-1 includes three oil and gas blocks – Chayvo, Odoptu and Arkutun-Dagi – located off the northeast coast of Sakhalin Island in the Russian Far East. Learn more about the Sakhlin-1 project.
Strategic cooperation agreement with Rosneft
The August 2011, OAO NK Rosneft and ExxonMobil concluded a strategic cooperation agreement to establish the framework for joint oil exploration and production in Russia, the United States and other countries.
Since the signing of the strategic cooperation agreement, Rosneft and ExxonMobil have formed 10 joint ventures for projects in the Russian Arctic, the Black Sea and western Siberia.
In 2014, one Rosneft and ExxonMobil joint venture drilled the first Arctic exploration well, Univerity-1, in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
Our commitment to corporate citizenship in Russia
- More than US$250 million has been provided for Sakhalin and Khabarovsk Krai infrastructure improvements in support of local community and Sakhalin-1 project needs, including hospitals and clinics, roads, bridges, harbors, airports, and power and water facilities.
- The Sakhalin-1 consortium has provided over US$28 million to date to support contribution projects in Sakhalin and Khabarovsk regions. The focus is made on education, health care, culture, indigenous minority population traditions and language, sports and arts. Since 2012, Sakhalin-1 Consortium supports math and science higher education on Sakhalin through the creation of the Sakhalin Oil and Gas Technical Institute jointly with Sakhalin Government and Sakhalin University.
- Since 2013, ExxonMobil has implemented Women’s Health community project “The Healthy North: Preventive Care in the Kara Sea Area” in the Archangelsk and Murmansk Oblasts to address the need for early cancer diagnosis through upgrade of diagnostic equipment for hospitals, a public awareness campaign for early check-ups and to promote a healthy way of life.
- Since 2014, ExxonMobil has provided support for the State Geological Museum to create a modern, digital and interactive educational environment for children and young adults.
- In 2013, ExxonMobil gave a contribution to Moscow State University to purchase laboratory equipment that will help students enhance their knowledge in the oil and gas field.
- Since 2005, ExxonMobil Russia Inc. has supported more than 14,500 orphans and orphanage graduates through Nadezhda (Hope) Charity Foundation programs from five regions near Moscow.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, with many names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Mobil, Esso and XTO. For convenience and simplicity those terms and terms such as Corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups.